Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ideas for Organizing a Blog

Notice any changes around here?


It was overdue. Mrs Ricefield has changed as my life has changed, and it was time to de-clutter this space. I'm going to share my process with you, and maybe someone else might be inspired to do something similar.

By the way, I got my motivation and idea from this awesome post on Crafterminds.

I started by writing down my purpose for the blog. Why am I still keeping it up?

Then I moved on to just looking around and taking notes on how I felt about the blog overall. The Crafterminds review checklist was great at this point.

Finally I went through each section evaluating the things I saw and coming up with a plan of action. I had three choices: toss it, move it, or re-do it.

The file below is a summary of what I did, and it's free for you to download.







There's still a lot of work to be done, but these changes already make me feel better.

Do you ever re-think your blog? Do you ever attempt to de-clutter your digital space? If so, what tips do you have?

3 comments:

  1. I definitely think about what to do with my blog to make it easier to read / absorb... luckily I don't have many pictures so there's not much paring down to do. Now what I do need is a new header...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always am rethinking my blog but then I am happy with how it is...I am not a clutterbug so just like my house there is not too much happening except for the posts...I do like your new look...it is soooo important that YOU like it . Hope you are well...and I just know you are busy as a bee. Thanks for all your sweet comments always. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps...love love the new header. xo

    ReplyDelete