Monday, December 27, 2010

And on to new projects

So now that Christmas is over, I'm moving on to other projects. As of today I'm working on two.

Project #1: Candy Scarf

I'm knitting this simple scarf for my 3 year old niece, who I'm told loves to dress up. I don't get to see her very often, so I like to send her little things I make of that make me think of her. For this scarf, I wanted something girly and sweet. I found this yarn that reminds me of cotton candy ad popcorn, and I thought it would be perfect. Here's the pattern:

  1. Using US 15 knitting needles for a hole-y, stretchy look, I cast on 20 stitches. 
  2. (Knit 4, purl 4) 2x, then end each row with knit 4
That's it. Super easy, but the huge needles and the pattern give it a bumpy, hole-y, stretchy look and feel that I'm really liking. 


Project #2: Scrap doll

This project comes from a book that I found digging through my yarn stash. It was hiding in there and I completely forgot I had it! I was so excited to find it that I decided to start one of its projects right away. It's still in the very initial stages - fabric cut up, but nothing embroidered or sewn. I'll share more as I move along. I'm hoping it will be finished this Wednesday.


I never thought of myself as a girly girl, but my latest projects are definitely showing that side. They are all pastels and pinks and light colors. Weird but fun.

How are you filling your time now that Christmas is over?


1 comment:

  1. I love that yarn - the colors make me wanna eat it (though that wouldn´t we wise..)!

    Oh, the days run by so quickly but I´m not sure what I´m doing - isn´t that strange? I have been chrocheting on my newest blanket though, that much I know! :-D

    ReplyDelete