Saturday, March 26, 2011

Ending the raffle and the beginning of Spring (maybe?)



So the raffle ended today and the winner of the painting is: #3 Ren! The random number generator picked comment #2, but since that was not an actual entry on the raffle, I went down to the next pick on the list. I will be contacting you shortly to set up delivery.

Thank you everyone who participated in the raffle here and in all the other blogs that participated. It's going to take a lot to help Japan rebuild, and every little bit helps.

**************************************************************************************************************************

So is Spring coming? Well, there's still snow on the ground, but the sun is beginning to peek out of the clouds once in a while! There's sunshine!

I went for a walk in a nearby park to get some fresh air and register the first days of sunshine since the winter begin.


And here's the same photo, but with a more dramatic processing:


And Easter is coming soon. We're going to an egg hunt in the botanical gardens here, so I want N to have a cute outfit. I made this tutu to go over her pants, and I'm working on a shirt that I will share once finished.


And look who stopped by to say hello - coffee filter butterflies! These little guys are so easy to make and take all of 5 minutes. Plus, N. loved helping with them, so for those of you with toddlers, this would be a cute, fun, and no-mess project.


What we used:

clothes pin
markers, glitter glue, crayons
coffee filters
construction paper
scissors
glue

What we did:


  1. I let N. doodle on the coffee filters (but I did ask her to use only one color on each filter; total personal taste, they would look great multicolored) with the markers. Then I made a border to match the color.
  2. She colored the whole filter with crayons matching the original color
  3. We put some glitter glue on each and she spread it around
  4. I bunched up the middle of the filters, securing it with the clothes pins
  5. I cut small strips of construction paper and made antennas then glued them on the pins.

They're pretty resistant too. The pink one? Has been dropped in milk, had butter spread on it, and the pin taken apart three times... And it still comes back together very nicely.

What are you doing to celebrate early Spring?

7 comments:

  1. Hi, just wanted to let you know that you won the auction over on my blog for the bow necklace and blue pin. Please email me your donation receipt ($10) and your mailing address :)
    natalli.s@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oiii, Passei por aqui para lhe retribuir visita no meu blog http://lilisinhamachado.blogspot.com/
    Adorei o seu, quero vir sempre, e já quero pedir permissão para trazer imagens suas.
    Há adoro comentários também!!!!!
    Bjos Carinhosos

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first shot is just breathtaking... and how cute are those coffee-filter butterflies?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It´s an action The Pioneer Woman have on her blog, I think it´s called Seventees or something like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sweet butterflies bring back memories of when my daughters were in preschool...they made a bunch of these.

    Hope your snow goes soon...all we have is the rain and one very very green lawn.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a toddler and have put this on my list of crafts to do with her. I'm pretty inept with most crafts. I've never got the hang of sewing. But I can manage this!

    ReplyDelete