Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Junk mail jewelry

I love to craft with garbage.

Ok, not quite. But I love to use materials that I would otherwise just throw out, like egg cartons, junk mail, cardboard, old magazines, newspaper, etc. It's amazing all you can do with stuff that you find around the house that otherwise is just junk.

Today, N. and I took a bunch of junk mail catalogues and decided to create some jewelry. Then of course, we played princess. But for that part she told me "no, mama, no camera." This princess would not deal well with the paparazzi.






Sometimes you just have to remind yourself that with kids it's all about the process, not the product.

Do you repurpose, revamp, or recycle old or unwanted things? What do you usually do with it?

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! :) Process, not product!

    Still, the product turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just the cutest. I do love your philosophy...process over product. Kinda like 'people are more important than things'. Also fits in with Recycle-Reuse-Reduce. Thanks for commenting on my "Last Weeks Of School Post". Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que lindo!!!!
    é macarrão pintado?
    Outro dia vi (não lembro onde) um anjinho e o cabelo era aquele macarrão fininho enroladinho sabe!? muito legal
    Bjos carinhosos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun craft my daughter will love! She'll especially love painting the noodles :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty! :)

    I'm the queen of junk. 8S There's such a sense of satisfaction when I get to upcycle. I hate wasting stuff.

    ReplyDelete