Monday, May 2, 2011

New directions (no, not the Glee Club)

Still a bit shocked that I made it through April. But now it's time to think about what's to come.

I realized during the A-Z challenge that it pays to push myself to write regularly and to have some theme behind what I write. I'm normally a bit of a spaz when it comes to writing, doing whatever my mood dictates whenever it feels right. Well, this blog came to life as my stress reliever and inflexibility creates more stress than it takes away! Still, I think I can get into a more regular schedule of blogging without being too hard on myself if I miss one day. 

With that said, this is what I plan on doing for the foreseeable future, knowing that sometimes I may deviate from the plan:
  • Mondays: Mondays get a bad rep from being the beginning of the work week, so I'm planning on doing nothing on Mondays. Except for today.... ;-)
  • Texture Tuesdays: Yeah, I love textures. So I'm participating on Texture Tuesdays from Kim Klassen Cafe, and I'll post my picture as well as the settings I used for the texture layers on the blog. 
  • Hump day reviews: a review of a site, book, or product related to creative endeavors.
  • Tutorial Thursdays: every Thursday I'm planning on putting up a tutorial for some type of craft that I've played around with.
  • Free for all Fridays: the name says it all. Anything goes on Friday - I want at least one day to write about whatever comes to mind. This may include family going-ons, sewing projects, crochet/knitting, paper crafts, etc, 
  • Sketchbook Saturday-Sunday: I've also joined Illustration Fridays, and I'll be posting my drawings and paintings on the weekend. 
There you have it. I'm pushing myself to write more regularly and hopefully you'll benefit from knowing what to expect when you come to the blog. Whenever I can (and believe it worth it), I'll share the steps I took to do whatever it was that I did. I love sharing. 

And just so you don't think I spent the weekend lazying around, this is what we did around here:


I love bleeding hearts! I had to add one to my garden this year.

almost ready to pop out :)

N. picked this little guy to protect our garden

Husband's choice. He likes small, unassuming flowers. He's sweet like that.


A whole lot of gardening was happening in these parts. 

How did you spend your weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Your blog schedule sounds full of fun! I'll be interested to see what Texture Tuesday is.
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging five days a week, wow! Oh, and I love your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those flowers!! ANd wow, good for you with that schedule! It really is fun, and exhausting. But it pays off in the end.

    Congrats on making it thru. Looking forward to more of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you give structure a good name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blogging schedule! I implemented one right before the challenge, so I didn't get a good chance to see how it worked. I'm looking forward to testing it out now.

    Whatever, your schedule, I'm sure to be here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to have a schedule - I might have to steal it! I always find it hard to keep up with blogging but a plan might help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those bleeding hearts!

    Good on you for coming up with a schedule. I'm more or less "set," but once in a while, I'd skip a day or two or I'd have a couple of posts in one day... {Oh, please do link up your Tuesday posts with us on Communal Global, too, if you can!)

    ReplyDelete