It's one of my favorite posts of the week along with WIP wednesdays, tutorial thursdays, free for all fridays, and illustration friday (yah, I know that means every theme I post is one of my favorites - it's just how it goes).
This week's prompt was open for us to choose - just use one of Kim's textures on a photo we like. Freedom of choice.
So with Fourth of July coming up and all, I decided to do a tribute to freedom. I can't think of things freer than animals in the wild. And yes, I know that a marina is not "the wild" exactly... But he's not in a cage, right? Here's to freedom in a modern setting with a textured old look.
- original photo with minor adjustments
- make background copy BW on normal @26%
- sepia tint copy on normal @100%
- gradient map BW on multiply @32%
- solid navy blue layer on exclusion @20%
- Kim Klassen's "mayzee" on linear burn @50%
- Kim Klassen's "just cause" on soft light @50%