Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A day for giving thanks

I love Thanksgiving.

It's the one holiday, squeezed between two other awesome but very commercialized holidays, that still centers around family. At least for us it does. It's not that I don't love Christmas, I do. Believe me, I do. But there's just something fulfilling about thanksgiving and getting together with the family for a big feast. I like the idea of taking time to reflect on the things I am grateful for, and we do it almost every day before bed or at dinner time. But then, to have a special day dedicated to that, that's just gravy.

So, in honor of this great holiday, here's my list of 10 things I am thankful for (in no particular order).

The princess drew this for me at school


  1. Life: waking up everyday to a brand new day, alive and healthy.
  2. Beauty: take a look outside and find beauty around you. It's there.
  3. Family: it's a given, but I love my family so much. All of them, even when I'm mad at them.
  4. Laughter: its infectious, and the cure for the worst cases of the blues. Go figure.
  5. Friends: a second family that I've chosen myself. Here's to making new ones and finding long lost others.
  6. Opportunity: I've been given so many great opportunities, though I haven't succeeded in all.
  7. This blog: it's been neglected but never abandoned because it makes me so happy and provides an outlet for my scattered brain.
  8. You: my bloggy friends who still take time to stop by, read a bit, and say hello sometimes. You make my life happier.
  9. My husband: life would be so much sadder without him to share it with.
  10. My daughters: yeah, they're family of course, but they get a special place of their own. I'm so thankful and amazed that they're here.

And speaking of family, here's what I received from mine. My aunt sent me these adorable mittens for N1 (the princess) and the cutest hat for N2 (the dragon). One day I hope to be as good as she is with crochet...



Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. The mittens and hat are ADORABLE. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete