It's the one holiday, squeezed between two other awesome but very commercialized holidays, that still centers around family. At least for us it does. It's not that I don't love Christmas, I do. Believe me, I do. But there's just something fulfilling about thanksgiving and getting together with the family for a big feast. I like the idea of taking time to reflect on the things I am grateful for, and we do it almost every day before bed or at dinner time. But then, to have a special day dedicated to that, that's just gravy.
So, in honor of this great holiday, here's my list of 10 things I am thankful for (in no particular order).
|The princess drew this for me at school|
- Life: waking up everyday to a brand new day, alive and healthy.
- Beauty: take a look outside and find beauty around you. It's there.
- Family: it's a given, but I love my family so much. All of them, even when I'm mad at them.
- Laughter: its infectious, and the cure for the worst cases of the blues. Go figure.
- Friends: a second family that I've chosen myself. Here's to making new ones and finding long lost others.
- Opportunity: I've been given so many great opportunities, though I haven't succeeded in all.
- This blog: it's been neglected but never abandoned because it makes me so happy and provides an outlet for my scattered brain.
- You: my bloggy friends who still take time to stop by, read a bit, and say hello sometimes. You make my life happier.
- My husband: life would be so much sadder without him to share it with.
- My daughters: yeah, they're family of course, but they get a special place of their own. I'm so thankful and amazed that they're here.
And speaking of family, here's what I received from mine. My aunt sent me these adorable mittens for N1 (the princess) and the cutest hat for N2 (the dragon). One day I hope to be as good as she is with crochet...
Thank you for stopping by!