Monday, January 3, 2011

Sharing a first

I did it. 


(excuse my dry winter hands)

I crocheted my first patch: an adjustable ring. Yep, I've been knitting for years now but only now did I finally pick up crochet needles and got down to business. I used this video to help me figure out how to do it. Don't you just love the resources we have available on the internet?

I want to do a little amigurumi to learn - the only way I learn anything is actually working on projects. I'll share my progress as it goes forward here.

Something else I'd like to share with you. My grandma is an amazing artist and crafter. She lives a long ways away from me and I miss her. Every time I try to pick up something new like crochet, I think of her. Every time I learn a new technique or work on a new pattern, I think of her. She's a huge inspiration to me. (Que saudades, vovo Mag)

Do you have someone who inspires you?

1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful blog. Your pictures are so wonderful. You are inspiring me to take better pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete