(yep, picture is blown)
I also decided to make a little gift bag to send the hat and scarf in. It took me all of one hour! I love these quick projects. All I did was sew the bag and the lining with scraps of fabric I have around. Here are some rough general (and maybe confusing?) directions:
- Cut four rectangular or square pieces of two fabrics (2 x 2). The lining pieces should be about one inch shorter then the outside.
- Line the matching pieces (RS) and pin. Sew leaving a little opening on one side. Repeat with the other two pieces (lining) but leave a 10 cm opening on the back seam.
- Put the outer bag (RS out) completely inside the lining (WS out), line the top edges and seams, pin the tops and sew them together (I used a zigzag stitch on the machine).
- Push the bag through the gap in the back seam of the lining, pull it out, turning the lining RS out at the same time.
- Using a ladder stitch, close the gap, leaving just a small opening to pull the ribbon/cord through.
- Take a ribbon and push/pull through the gap between the lining and outer bag.
- I left the edges of this section raw, but you can certainly finish it for a more professional look.
I hope my little niece likes it! I love making stuff for the little ones in our family.
Stay tuned for a home decor/cooking related giveaway later this week