So, if you are looking for handmade goods, supplies, or art related products, here are a few places you might want to check out who are donating part or all of their proceeds to helping Japan:
This and That From Japan (etsy shop with lots of cute things)
Pikaland (art/illustration blog and shop)
A Bit o This and That (blog from a British mom living in Japan - she's having an auction)
As for this blog, well... I've been trying different things when it comes to its look and the content.
- Tutorials page added - it's still a work-in-progress. It'll look better soon, I hope.
- New background and header - designed by yours truly, as I am trying to get better at creating all my own elements.
- Upcoming bookshelf page - I'll be adding a page where I list books related to art, crafting, crafting with kids, and others that I find helpful
Here's what I did:
- Using red ink and watercolor paper, I inked the tip of my little finger as a "petal" stamp and made several flowers around the paper.
- Using a sharpie, I made small centers for each flower.
- Scanned the picture and opened it in Photoshop Elements
- Adjusted the levels and color curves until the flowers had the shading I wanted
- Added a layer with some scratchy texture that I got TTV. If you're not familiar with TTV textures, or don't like them, you can always do a search for a free texture online or not use a texture at all.
- Adjusted the opacity of the texture layer to about 20% for a subtle effect.
- Saved as a jpg paying attention to the size of the file, since Blogger only accepts up to 300K.
- Uploaded it as my background.
I also made the header using the magic wand tool and I'll have a tutorial on that later.
Is anyone interested in PS Element tutorials using pictures and step-by-step instructions? Would you like me to continue or stop with PS Element tutorials?