Sunday, June 19, 2011

Launch }{ Illustration Friday

"Launch"

When I got the prompt for this week's Illustration Friday, the first thing that came to my mind was this David Bowie song. Along with it came a little soldier boy saluting the launch. Don't ask me why, but he was there.



Notice however that I made one big mistake. I didn't mean for the launch to be of a weapon as I don't like what that implies. I much prefer space adventures to wars. But the rocket looks like a weapon. And so it goes.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

  1. I wish I had some of your artistic skills - this looks great - and I'm totally with you on the Bowie song

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love to draw too, but I haven't been doing much of it lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it - the solider can be saluting the adventure of the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olá querida espero que esteja tudo bem com vocês!!!
    O soldadinho saudando a liberdade, sim porque foquete espaço....
    Bjos Carinhosos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice sketch :) I like the composition and the creases in the soldier boy's clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It didn't look like a weapon to me. I was more focused on the soldier boy anyway. Great job!

    ReplyDelete