The original recipe came from here, but I did modify it. I wanted to share with you right away, because it came out so delicious! The original recipe was for banana and nuts, but N. is not a fan of nuts at all. So that had to come out. I also wanted to change some things around to try and get some extra yumminess in there. So, here's the end result. If you do try it, let me know how you like it.
- 1 3/4 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cups of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of low fat milk
- 1/4 apple sauce
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 2 long bananas)
- 1/2 cup of an apple, peeled and diced
- a pinch of cinnamon and brown sugar
- Grease a muffin pan and preheat the oven to 400 F
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- In a different bowl, combine the egg, milk, apple sauce, and bananas into the flour mixture. Mix the batter up just until moist, but still lumpy, then add the diced apple.
- Pour into the greased muffin cups (2/3 full) then add an apple slice (or smaller piece) on top, then sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes (or until it passes the toothpick test!). Cool and eat.
What do you crave for breakfast?