Friday, June 1, 2012

Pillow case dress rejection

I took a little bit of time off from writing the article to make a new summer dress for N. It's been so hot here and the child only wants to wear dresses.

Pillow case dresses are easy and quick, so I went with that style. I used some fabric I already had at home and added some pink ribbon for the shoulder tie, some white lace at the bottom, and a small pocket. I was done pretty quickly.





But... She refuses to wear it. She told me I can keep it until her little sister gets bigger. *tears* Her reason?   It's not long enough, she wants very long dresses...

Moral of the story - before taking the time to make clothes for a little one, make sure she likes the style or at least figure out what her *must haves* are. Maybe next time...

4 comments:

  1. That's such a cute dress. Maybe you'll need to get her a king size pillow case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling! I love it...I will wear it! Hope you are well my friend...hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a cute dress! Monkey is the same way. I can't sew so I've never had your particular problem, but even dresses I pick out and think she'll love, she won't wear. Her tastes are very specific!

    ReplyDelete