Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sweet crochet }{ tutorial

It's been a while since I've shown any crochet or knitting and lately I've been working with it again. I'm getting some things done for the baby girl arriving soon. But what I want to share today is a request from N.

She saw the book "Yummy Crochet" by Kristen Rask and asked me to make her a doughnut. No problem, easy and quick. But then she wanted a cherry on top and a candle. Hmmm. I decided to try and come up with my own.

Here it is: a rough pattern for a small crochet cherry (not quite a proper tutorial, oops).

sc = single crochet
st = stitch

*make a sloppy slip knot and chain two (or magic ring)
round 1: 6sc in first stitch (or 6sc in magic ring)
round 2: 1sc in each st then flip it inside out (so that the tail can go inside the berry)
If you want a bigger cherry, keep repeating that: 1sc in each st until you're happy with the size. It will be long though. For a rounder one, there's a different pattern. I'll share that another day.
round 3: 1sc, skip 1st (you'll have 3 stitches)
round 4: chain 3 and tie it off. Alternatively, you can chain one and tie it off leaving a tail as the cherry's stem




She liked it so much that now she's asking for a cupcake and then cookies. Such a sweet crochet tooth...

What food would you like to see as crochet?

6 comments:

  1. That's so incredibly cute! You are so clever. I'd love to see spaghetti and meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, makes me wish I had some crochet skills

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just so sweet, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll second her cupcake request! And maybe a carrot, to add an ounce of crochet nutrition. ;)
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! This is so cute! You did a great job with the cherry and candle too :).

    Hmmm, I think I'd like a crochet gummy bear!! I wish my crochet skills were stronger. I need to practice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun...this is darling my friend. I really need to learn how to crochet. xoxo

    ReplyDelete