It's not the healthiest food (too much sugar and butter), but oh my goodness, it's sooooo yummy.
- 1/5 package of gluten-free Smoreables Graham Style crackers (from Kinnikinnick foods)
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 6 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of toasted slices almond
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper, place crackers about 1/2 in apart on sheet, and set aside
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and whisk in the brown sugar until combined but not boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the almonds and oats. Spread over each of the crackers.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes (in my oven it only took about 7 minutes until the topping was bubbling). Let it cool and trim the excess topping from the bars. Store in an airtight container.
Again, I thought these were incredible, but as a warning, N. wasn't a fan. She said they were too sweet. So I'm labeling them as "almost" too sweet. You may want to try it with less butter and less sugar for a not so rich taste. If you do try it, I'd love to hear how it goes.