This headband is so easy and quick, I've been making it left and right for different girls in my life. It truly is the "genius" headband as the original designer calls it. By the way, that designer is Elizabeth Alan of the Lovely Crow (you should check out her facebook and Ravelry pages). She offers this pattern for free with youtube videos to help you along (though it's an easy pattern to begin with).
The original was a bit wider than I like, however, so I modified it slightly. Here's how my modifications ended up:
|before weaving in the loose ends|
- chain 7
- Row 1 - slip stitch on the third chain from the hook and chain 3, slip stitch on the last chain and chain 4
- Row 2 - slip stitch through the first oval and chain 3, slip stitch through the last oval and chain 4
- repeat row 2 until you're happy with the length. Finish your last row without the chain 4.
- Tie the two ends together by: chain 2 from the end of the last row, slip stitch through the first oval in row 1, chain 2, slip stitch through the first oval in the last row, chain 2, slip stitch through the last oval in row 1, chain 2, slip stitch through the last oval in the last row, chain 2, slip stitch through a chain on the edge of row 1.
- Weave in loose ends with tapestry needle.
That gives you a headband that's thinner and with only two little oval loops on each row. Here's the princess modeling hers for me:
Any quick and easy patterns/crafts to share?