I love polka dots. You could probably tell from my post yesterday. And today, I have more dots to share!
My niece is having her birthday soon, so I decided to make her a summer dress. I found these two dotty fabrics that I liked and decided to get both - one will be for her, the other, who knows? I just couldn't decide which one would look cuter on her. The orange one has this awesome texture, but the blue one is very soft cotton. Hmmmm..... What do you think? She's going on 4, which one would you choose?
And on to something else... I can never have a blog post with only one topic, can I?
I love to doodle. Anywhere, anytime.
There's this doodling "activity" that I first did as part of the Silly class with Carla Sonheim where you make lines, circles, shapes, whatever on the paper. No plan, no thought, just make a mess, sort of. Then you "find" your picture in it. These two below I did on my small sketchbook while waiting for a meeting. You can see another example in this post.
I also started doing this with N. Here's what we do:
- Give your little one pen and paper and let 'em rip. Let them draw lines, dots, circles, whatever they want.
- Then you look at it and find something.
- Darken the outline of this "something" so that the little one can see it clearly.
- Give it back to them to color the picture, but don't expect the coloring to fit your picture.
- If the child is older, this will probably be fun for them to do by themselves. You can each do your own and compare what you found. :)
Do you doodle? When?