- Size US 13 knitting needles
- Bulky yarn
What I did:
- Cast on 14 stitches (this is where you would adjust the width - anywhere between 10 and 18, with 10 being very, very thin)
- Rows 1-12: knit straight through
- Row 13: purl
- Row 14: knit
- Row 15: purl
- Row 16: knit
- Rows 17-28: purl
- Row 29: knit
- Row 30: purl
- Row 31: knit
- Row 32: purl
- Repeat rows 1-32 until you're satisfied with the length.
- Once it's as long as you want it, repeat it one more time (to have enough scarf for pockets). Bind off and weave loose yarn. Fold both ends on their wrong sides, just enough to form two pockets that fit your hands. Sew the sides and turn them right side out.
I'd share a self-portrait wearing them but the Dragon doesn't let me sleep enough, or wear clothes long enough without spitting up to allow for a decent photo. Maybe soon.
How are you keeping warm this Fall?